Position will be responsible for inspecting all incoming materials per Ajinomoto FSQA Policies and Procedures. Responsibilities will include making decisions to accept or reject incoming materials. Other responsibilities will include collecting samples and analyzing materials as needed and will perform other QA duties as needed. Must have strong interpersonal skills, well developed written and verbal skills, organizational and time-management skills, an outgoing personality, an ability to work in a team environment and an ability to work under pressure.
· Inspect and collect samples of incoming materials (ingredients and packaging) when they are received. Determine whether each material meets the Foods’ specification, and then decide whether to accept (or reject) each material.
· Collect ingredient Certificate of Analysis (COA) if required and maintain a file of these documents. Verify that they conform to material requirements.
· Inspect returned products and/or co-packed products as instructed.
· Perform tests on incoming material samples. This may include physical tests (piece size/weight, viscosity, color) or chemical tests (moisture, fat, salt) and verify conformance to Ajinomoto incoming material specifications and FSQA Policies. This may include collection of samples for microbiological evaluation or other tests as required.
· Evaluate new materials and make recommendations for approval, rejection, modification, etc.
· Evaluate the performance of new suppliers of existing materials and make recommendations for approval, rejection, modification, etc.
· Create and submit Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs), maintain a log of submissions and follow up on responses.
· Contact suppliers when necessary to resolve problems with out-of-specification materials.
· Perform studies to correlate material test results to the performance of the material in our products as assigned, in conjunction with R&D and/or Production.
Perform all other work as assigned
Capable of 24-hour, 7-day a week, emergency work assignments
Education and Experience:
· A College degree is preferred, a High School diploma or GED is required. Meaningful education and experience may be substituted for the diploma requirement.
· Sufficiently broad experience in food manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Assurance and/or food plant production operations, processes, and policies to permit execution of assigned duties is strongly desired. Limited food manufacturing experience combined with an appropriate college degree may be considered.
· Certifications such as HACCP, SQF, or through ASQ and other professional quality associations are helpful.
· Budget/Cost Control – general understanding of QA/procurement budgeting and cost control functions.
· Analytical – ability to independently perform, technical analysis of supplier performance.
· Communication Skills – excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing and presentation skills.
· Organizational Skills – excellent organizational skills.
· Judgment/Decision Making – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations independent of supervisor.
· Computer Skills – working knowledge of Microsoft based software, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Other – ability to elicit internal and external support; good interpersonal skills; ability to work under pressure and short time lines, prioritizing multiple projects with various simultaneous deadlines, as well as attention to detail with accuracy.
· Valid Driver’s License, clean driving record
Fluency in English (Written and Verbal) – required