Under immediate direction performs a variety of tasks including inspecting, packing, palletizing, loading, unloading, lifting, and moving production materials.
· Ensures quality of product being extruded, sliced, battered, breaded, fried and/or refrigerated meets customer specifications, along with company production standards and quality.
· Tends production line by watching for equipment malfunctions or product defects.
· Unpacks and loads raw materials into equipment, unloading work in progress or finished product and moving materials to and from the equipment.
· Inspects and spreads product by hand on moving conveyor belt to ensure product consistency.
· Moves and palletizes finished and packaged product off production lines, along with verifying code dates and labels.
· Stocks and restocks boxes, skids, and liners for next shift and current shift as needed.
· Rotates into any line position as needed due to absences, breaks, etc.
· Notifies lead or supervisory staff if unusual operations identified.
· Performs general housekeeping duties in production area; maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with existing policy.
· Complies with organization policies including, but not limited to, safety, good manufacturing practices, food safety, and employment and work rules.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· 0 – 2 years of similar work experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Ability to keep up with machine output production.
· Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.