Responsible for supervising the day to day processing functions and activities required to maximize the use of people and raw materials to produce products and provide services that meet company, customer and government expectations. Champion Ajinomoto mission and values.
· Ensure compliance with all quality and food safety programs through regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), food safety checks (HACCP), and product quality checks conducted according to company and customer expectations
· Complete and maintain necessary daily production activities and review results against established targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings
· Continually assess maintenance effectiveness and work with production and maintenance teams to identify opportunities for improvement, production optimization and maintenance planning.
· Communicate with other supervisors and managers, while ensuring a smooth and seamless shift handoff by sharing relevant information and activities that may have a direct effect on employee safety, product quality and productivity
· Continually move throughout the various work and production areas to offer support, gain input from lead personnel and employees and monitor production activities
· Establish a professional working relationship with the USDA
· Assure that associates have all the proper tools and equipment in proper working condition to perform their necessary job duties
· Facilitate and promote a team concept by working with associates as a team member through coaching, leading, listening, coordinating and supporting
· Conduct counseling sessions and issue disciplinary action as necessary
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.