The primary responsibility of the Plant Controller is to direct all plant accounting functions in accordance with corporate guidelines; prepares financial reports and renders advice/assistance to management regarding the plant’s financial affairs. Works directly with the general manager to drive operational financial performance. Provides oversight over plant financials. Prepares financial reports and renders advice/assistance to management regarding the company’s financial affairs.
Accounting and Finance Functions:
o Provide the explanations of accounting reports and records when management and Corporate requests
o Responsible for the accuracy of all plant financial reports.
· Financial Reconciliation and Analysis
o Review and publish the daily JDE CVR report. Review for accuracy and completeness
o Coordinate and oversee Product Cost Router responses from the plant for new products and product changes per Corporate requests
o Monitor and maintain the adequate AP accrual balances in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices
o Reconciliation of plant raw material and FG inventory on a monthly/quarterly basis
o Monitor and maintain balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy and completeness
o Support the preparations and the review of budgets, forecasts and related reports
o Establish or recommend to management administrative accounting principles and directives
o Coordinate the audit/review of the plants financial reports
o Support JSOX compliance
o File local and state property taxes
o Prepare reports as required by regulatory agencies
o Provide and coordinate staff training, work with staff to correct any deficiencies in their work
o Supervise all plant accounting/finance personnel
· Performs other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related field. MBA preferred.
· 7+ years of experience in Manufacturing, with cost accounting experience preferably in the Food Industry.
· Broad business experience especially on the cost side. Understanding of Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss statements and Cash Flow.
· Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to interact with Business Unit executives in a professional manner.
· Strong leadership skills, with the ability to self-direct their activities and work schedules.
· Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and business intelligence applications. Knowledge of ERP systems and JD Edwards preferred.
· Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations.
· Knowledge of federal and state business laws a plus.