Responsible for managing all aspects of materials flow and to maintain control and accuracy from the time raw materials arrive, until the time finished goods are successfully shipped to and received by the outbound distribution centers. The Materials Manager is a hands on, working manager accountable for the design, documentation, implementation, audit and continuous improvement for all material handling standard work, projects and related systems.
· 4 Year Degree with a concentration in business or math is a plus.
· A minimum of three years of purchasing and/or scheduling in a food manufacturing setting.
· Must have experience negotiating contracts. Food industry experience preferred.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; knowledge of the JDE Purchasing system is a plus.
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
· Must be hands-on, self-motivated with attention to detail and able to multitask in a fast paced enviroment.