Supervising Warehouse Staff
- Supervisor to approximately 10-20 warehouse and dry warehouse workers per shift.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Supervisory responsibility may include assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assure adequate staffing to meet warehouse needs. Communicate staffing needs to Warehouse Manager on a consistent basis.
- Provide and concise reports regarding all shift activities.
- Help create, implement, and monitor training programs (i.e. Safety, GSP, and GMP).
- Works with warehouse Manager to analyze current procedures and develop new procedures to improve warehouse operations. Enforces and makes recommendations regarding Company policies.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to ensure that all employees are properly trained and certified regarding equipment operation, sanitation and safety.
- Ability to assist with critical job functions of Warehouse Manager while Warehouse Manager is out of the office (vacation, sick leave, personal time, company travel, etc.)
Material Handling Equipment
- Work with Warehouse Manager to ensure that all equipment and facilities are inspected daily and maintained properly. Timely request repairs as needed to Warehouse Manager.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to ensure that all powered equipment is charged as needed and charging procedures are followed (this include checking all fluids as mandated and weekly equalizing charges).
- Work with Warehouse Manager to immediately lock out tag out material handling equipment which is unsafe or has not been properly inspected or maintained.
- Assist and with delivery schedules and trucking appointments to optimize efficiency of dock area.
- Verify quantities staged for out bounds.
- Review all logs and documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Assist Warehouse Manager to ensure all scheduled pickups are made.
- Assist Warehouse Manager to ensure all trucks are loaded correctly to eliminate damage during shipping.
- Monitor truck drivers and enforce dock rules.
- Work with Warehouse Manager to oversee the receiving of raw and other materials to ensure receiving procedures are being followed. This includes correctly entering receipts into the inventory control computer program, thorough DSI barcode system.
- Update ERP and EDI systems as required.
- Ensure the proper dating and labeling of all pallets received.
- Check receipts to verify accuracy of counts.
- Works with Warehouse Manager to ensure all scheduled deliveries are made.
- Work with Warehouse Manager with the coordination of the inspection of raw materials with FSQA, prior to signing for receipt of product.
- Oversee the timely and efficiently racking all finished goods and raw materials.
- Ensure the organization of the freezers, warehouses, dock,
- Support organization of product to support FIFO (first-in-first-out) rotation and physical counts.
- Ensure that all pallets of product and/or material are good condition.
- Monitor movement of material to ensure there is no unnecessary handling.
- Enforce OSHA regulations and company safety rules within freezer, warehouse, and dock areas; promptly report all workplace accidents, injuries and unsafe incidents to Supervisor or Manager on duty.
- Ensure warehouse workers are using the required personal protective gear.
Cycle Counts (Inventory Control)
- Assist Warehouse Manager with Daily/weekly cycle counts.
- Assist with year-end inventory audit.
- Identify and resolve count discrepancies between actual count and book count.
- Perform all functions to track and monitor all materials and material movement in all computer systems. Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory.
Cleaning and Organization
- Ensure that dock, warehouse, freezer and yard are swept and cleaned daily, conduct daily inspections to ensure compliance.
- Follow all HACCP program requirements to prevent system failure.
- Ensure compliance with all Good Manufacturing Practices.
Stocking, Pulling, and Transferring Material
- Ensure production stays stocked with packaging, ingredients, pallets, etc.
- Ensure correct and on-time product flow through all departments across all shifts, seeking the input of appropriate personnel as required.
- Ensure all material transfer to production are entered into the inventory control computer program, update ERP and EDI systems as required.